Diploma of Tesol - Upgrade
The Diploma of TESOL will take you beyond the fundamental elements of language teaching and give you advanced knowledge in skills in areas such as Syllabus Design and Delivering Specialist English classes. Furthermore, with our observe and interact prac-teaching program, you’ll have all the experience you need to hit the ground running in your new career.
You will have already completed your Certificate IV in TESOL. By completing the Diploma Specialisation Units you can gain your Diploma in TESOL
IMPORTANT: This course is 'Current' and IS NOT IN TEACH OUT
Delivery method: Distance learning + local Prac-teaching
Hours: Total nominal hours = 220* (Requires additional 8 hours prac)
Start dates: Weekly
The best of both worlds, our blended-learning model combines the convenience of online learning and practical teaching. As part for the Nationally Accredited Diploma of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) students are required to complete a minimum of 20 hours practical placement, which involves observation and a minimum of 10 hours practice teaching. You can likely credit your previous practical placement towards you Diploma, providing that a combined total of 20 hours is achieved. Our learning model allows you to complete the diploma course online at your own pace, while you build up real skills
‘Nominal Hours’ include any combination of in-class study, self study, preparation for assessment and Practice Teaching.
The successful achievement of this qualification requires you to complete:
- 5 Specialisation Units
- An additional 8 hours of practical placement (4 hours observation and minimum 4 hours of practice teaching)
- SPECIALISATION UNITS
- TESAMT501A - Apply approaches and methods in TESOL
- TESDES502A - Design ESL syllabus
- TESAEL502A - Assess ESL learning
- TESEAP502A - Teach English for academic purposes
- TESESP502A - Teach English for specific purposes
You need to have completed an approved Certificate IV In TESOL and completed 12 hours of Practice Teaching
- Email and online support from expert and qualified TESOL Teachers
- TESOL text book (International shipping will incur additional cost)
- Online student learning resources
- 24/7 access to your Student Portal where you can download your learning resources and submit your assessments
Payment Plan Available
If you have difficulty paying the full cost of a course up front, you might be eligible for a payment plan. This will allow you to pay for your course in installments, rather than one upfront payment at the time of enrolment.
If you are unsure of what’s right for you, or just want someone to talk it over with, call us on 1300 558 890. We’re here to help.
Are you ready to Study online?
- checked you meet the entry requirements
- checked your course costs and know which payment option is right for you
- Read the student rules and refund policy
All done? Then you’re ready to enrol.